The landscape; an ocean of small old vineyards protected by the mountains in the north and nested by a big river in the south.
UKAN is our interpretation of that landscape.
We make a selection of vineyards that represent the diversity of the region and elaborate them separately to extract the best of each vineyard.
UKAN is the result of blending these single vineyard wines. A unique wine that shows the richness and complexity of Rioja Alavesa / Sonsierra.
- Different towns in Rioja Alavesa; Laguardia, Elciego, Elvillar, Lapuebla, Assa
- Diversity of soils, mostly limestone-clay
- 50 years of average age
Viticulture and harvest
- Ecologic viticulture
- Yield control
- Hand harvested in 15kg boxes
- Two grape selection tables (bunches&grape)
- Vinification of vineyards separately in small oak and concrete vats.
- Use of carbonic maceration, traditional technique from Rioja Alavesa.
- Malolactic fermentation and ageing in new French oak barrels.